Welcome to Smile Brite Orthodontics, where we understand that every patient is as unique as their smile! Choosing to get metal braces is a crucial step towards a successful orthodontic journey that impacts both aesthetics and overall oral health.
What Are Metal Braces?
Metal braces are orthodontic tools made with high-quality stainless steel brackets. Each piece is firmly attached using dental cement and linked with a metal archwire. They’re the most common braces, and you can see them when someone smiles. The newer versions are smaller and less noticeable than before. Traditional metal braces are great at fixing serious overcrowding, overbites, and jaw misalignment.
Do I Need Braces?
Metal braces are notably effective for addressing severe overcrowding and are commonly utilized in both pediatric and adult cases. The typical duration of treatment with metal braces spans from 1 to 3 years. These braces afford greater control and precision in teeth movement, particularly beneficial in complex cases, and they present a more budget-friendly option compared to alternative treatments.
Determining whether you need braces is a decision best made in consultation with Smile Brite Orthodontics, your orthodontic professional. There are several signs that you might need braces:
- Crooked or Misaligned Teeth: If your teeth are not properly aligned, braces can move them into the correct position.
- Overcrowding: When there’s not enough space for your teeth to fit comfortably, braces can address overcrowding issues.
- Gaps Between Teeth: Braces can be used to close gaps between teeth, creating a more even and aesthetically pleasing smile.
- Overbite or Underbite: If your upper front teeth overlap too much with your lower front teeth (overbite) or if your lower teeth protrude beyond your upper front teeth (underbite), braces can help correct these issues.
- Jaw Misalignment: Braces are often used to address problems with jaw alignment, which can affect both function and aesthetics.
- Chewing or Speech Difficulties: Misaligned teeth or jaw issues can sometimes lead to difficulties with chewing or speech, and braces may be recommended to improve these functions.
Why Choose Metal Braces?
- Proven Effectiveness: Metal braces use stainless steel brackets and wires, a time-tested combination that excels in gradually shifting teeth into proper alignment.
- Durability: Known for their robust construction, traditional metal braces are durable and can withstand the rigors of orthodontic treatment.
- Cost Savings: Metal braces are often a more budget-friendly option compared to some alternatives, making them accessible without compromising on effectiveness.
- Versatility: Suitable for addressing a wide range of orthodontic issues, metal braces are a versatile solution for individuals seeking comprehensive teeth correction.
How Much Do Braces Cost?
According to the American Dental Association (ADA) 2020 Survey of Dental Fees, the average cost of braces was $5,300 for adolescents and $5,400 for adults. Additional factors can make some types of orthodontic treatments more expensive than others.
Most dental insurance plans do partially cover orthodontic treatment. Check with your insurance provider or contact Smile Brite Orthodontics to find out if your braces will be covered by your insurance.
Metal Braces – The Best Way To Improve Your Smile
Choosing traditional metal braces at Smile Brite Orthodontics means opting for a tried-and-true method that has successfully transformed countless smiles. Our team is here to ensure your orthodontic journey with metal braces is not only effective but also tailored to your specific needs and preferences. Let’s work together to create the radiant smile you’ve always wanted.