What are Lingual Braces?
Lingual braces are a unique orthodontic treatment that attaches to the back side of your teeth (tongue side) instead of the front, like traditional braces.
Lingual braces are virtually invisible eliminating the concern that many adult patients have about wearing silver metal brackets. Dr. Kapadia uses lingual braces on his patients who would like a more discreet orthodontic treatment. The lingual systems utilize small brackets that are easy to bond and are fixed behind the upper or lower teeth. The application process takes about 30 minutes and Lingual braces can complete your desired results in about 12 to 24 weeks.
Lingual braces are a popular option for individuals who want to improve their smile without the braces being noticeable. However, they can be more challenging to clean and adjust compared to traditional braces.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Behind-the-Teeth Braces
- Aesthetics: The most significant advantage lies in their inconspicuous nature, which makes them appealing to those who desire a discreet orthodontic solution.
- Personalization: Each set of braces is tailored to fit every individual’s unique dental needs, providing a bespoke experience for patients.
- Effectiveness: Lingual braces are capable of effectively addressing an array of dental issues, such as crooked teeth, overcrowding, and malocclusions.
- Faster Results: In specific instances, behind-the-teeth braces can lead to swifter treatment completion compared to conventional braces.
- Comfort: Initial wearers may encounter slight discomfort and articulation difficulties due to the brace’s proximity to the tongue.
- Cost: Customizing and installing requires specialized skill and time, resulting in higher costs compared to traditional braces.
- Hygiene: Maintaining proper hygiene can prove more challenging since the brackets and wires are less accessible.
- Limited Accessibility: Not all orthodontic clinics offer lingual braces, restricting patient choices and availability.
Who Are They Suitable For?
For patients wanting a more subtle approach to straightening their teeth, lingual braces offer a viable solution. They are specifically designed for those who may feel self-conscious about wearing traditional braces as they are placed on the inside surfaces of the teeth, making them virtually invisible to others.
Lingual braces are suitable for individuals with mild to moderate dental misalignment or irregularities. Lingual braces can also correct crowded teeth, gaps, overbites, and other orthodontic issues. Contact Smile Brite Orhtodontcs for your free orthodontic evaluation to find out if you are a suitable candidate for lingual braces.
Average Cost Of Lingual Braces
The cost of lingual braces can vary depending on several factors, such as the complexity of the case, the location where the treatment is being performed, and the expertise and qualifications of the orthodontist or dentist. However, in general, lingual braces tend to be more expensive than traditional braces.
The financial investment for lingual braces tends to be greater compared to conventional braces. The cost of lingual braces typically spans from $5,000 to $13,000. Most dental insurance plans do partially cover orthodontic treatment. Check with your insurance provider or contact Smile Brite Orthodontics to find out if lingual braces will be covered by your insurance.
Lingual braces are considered a premium option, and they may often have a higher price tag. However, many people feel that the benefits of lingual braces, such as their discreetness and lack of visible metal brackets, make them well worth the additional cost.
Selecting Lingual Braces for Your Dream Smile
Choosing lingual braces at Smile Brite Orthodontics means opting for a discreet method that has successfully transformed countless smiles. Our team is here to ensure your orthodontic journey with braces is not only effective but also tailored to your specific needs and preferences. Let’s work together to create the bright smile you’ve always wanted.